Wednesday, June 1, 2011

When I think about the things I need to be happy it does not usually come from where I live because where I grew up there simply was not very much offered. I would go climb trees with my friends or explore the local woods. But, as I have grown up I have really started to love going to the movie theater. I can honestly say that I have been going to the theater once a week the last four weeks because of all the new releases I have been about and I don’t see that stopping in the nearby future.
If I had any say in the matter I would definitely wish to live in a ski town so that I could ski and snowboard all the time. But on a completely different note I could be just as happy as living on a beach as a ski town. I would definitely prefer to be away from the touristy areas. And, now that I think about it I might prefer the beach area because it would be more populated and thus have more variety as far as food goes. I’ve never been a picky eater so the more variety the better, even though the only necessity is a good steak joint.
When thinking of Athens it has definitely provided a lot of these things for me. Just last year I took a trip with the Outdoor Pursuits to West Virginia for a ski trip and this time last summer I was white water rafting in the warm summer sun. I guess I didn’t really realize I loved those things until I came here and was able to experience them.

No comments:

Post a Comment