Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Change the scenery por favor

Resources I need to be happy in a place— (Kristen)
something I haven’t necessarily considered at this point in my life. However, it really is so important. One thing that’s completely essential is a place with natural beauty. Back home, I live in a somewhat urban area, and do love the convenience, but have always longed for something more pristine. This is part of the reason I came to Athens. I love to have scenery and love being in the outdoors. I definitely want to be able to go to parks and be able to hike, or simply enjoy it in my everyday life walking around. I also want to be able to walk to places. I went and visited Boulder over winter break and loved it because everything was so accessible by walking. Another thing I need are people I can connect and get along with. It’s definitely important, I think for anyone, to be in a place where you’re surrounded by people you like. I would also love to be able to have a farmer’s market to go to, or a place with good produce. I love California because they have the greatest variety of fruits and vegetables year round. I don’t feel like I need much to be happy, and hopefully will move out west in the future...

(Dan):
If I had to pick any location in the country to live in I would pick the south. By the south I am not referring to the Mason-Dixon Line. When I think of the south, I think of warm weather and friendly people. I would most likely pick to live in South Carolina. The weather is beautiful and the people are polite. I want to live in an environment such as this, because I have never had these luxuries growing up. I’m from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where it is rare to find a day without clouds in the sky. Don’t get me wrong, I love the people from my hometown, I simply would like a change. For example, in Pittsburgh they say “Yinz” or “Yunz,” while in the South Carolina they say “y’all.” It sounds stupid, but that’s just one of the many reasons why I want to live there, I think “y’all” sounds sweet. Another reason I would want to live in South Carolina is because of its location. Depending on where you are in the state, you’re only a short drive from the beach. Once living in South Carolina, I will actually be able to drive down to Florida instead of paying hundreds of dollars flying. South Carolina is a place I go to vacation, why not simply live there and make every day a vacation?

By: Dan Murtha and Kristen Dittmar

No comments:

Post a Comment