Tuesday, May 3, 2011



Why does “Parking Services” set us up to get ticketed?
This is becoming a huge problem to me already and my vehicle isn’t even on campus yet. I just checked to see how many emails I have gotten from parking services and so far I have received 27 emails about parking lots being closed off on certain dates. I feel the parking here sets us (the students) up for failure. They always say use the meters but the meters are always taken up. If the meters are taken up, then what?
It’s becoming a huge problem for those operating a vehicle around campus. Not all people need to drive but yet there are those people who have to. I go eat at Shively with my friend throughout the week and we will literally be in there for like 20 minutes and he will get ticketed. We pay for our education so we should not have to pay for tickets. It just seems un-reasonable.
The number of tickets my buddy received is un-reasonable. He received a total of 108 tickets while being here on campus. He’s a junior and already owes over 2,000 dollars in tickets. I understand that there are problems with parking around campus but they could easily make other lots that do not require a permit. Add a parking lot located on West, South, and East that can hold a large amount of parking and there wouldn’t be any problems.
Of course a lot of people would say they would never do that because they like taking our money and ticketing us. I personally wouldn’t be driving around everywhere I go but yet other people are different. Like I said we pay for our education we should not have to pay tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment