Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Maggieland

If we all lived in Maggieland…the world would be a better place. People would be free to make extended awkward eye contact, belt out show tunes, and exchange very sarcastic comments without worry. Who wouldn’t want to live there? However, such a place doesn’t exist, because if it did then we could build two Cedar Points so we could say “Let's not go to that one, let's go to the good one (Family Guy reference).” There is however a few things I need, in a semi-close perimeter, to be happy.

Since I enjoy swimming and jumping off really high diving boards, I need to be near a pool with a deep end. Pool these days are only five feet deep (Lame!), which means no diving boards. People are too worried about safety nowadays. Our parents had diving

boards and turned out just fine. I would like to live near a golf course too. I’m not good at golf and I don’t play often, but I like th atmosphere. If I had a house near a golf course, I feel that it would be a safe area.

As for food…I need a lot of it. There definitely has to be a McDonald’s to supply breakfast, because they have the best hash browns. There needs to be Panera Bread because they have the best potato soup. Applebee’s has a pretty diverse menu, which is nice even though I usually eat the same thing every time I go. Most of these food places can be found near a mall. Which leads me to my next point; I NEED a mall/ shopping area with a Forever 21 (my favorite store). I would like an America Eagle too because their jeans fit tall people.

I want to live in a place that has hot summers and semi-cold winters. I love snow but I also love the sun and mowing. I don’t think I could live at the beach year round because sea creatures freak me out and I don’t like not being able to see my surroundings in the water. Also, I don’t want to live in the city; I need to be able to see the stars at night, which is something many people take for granted, or never get to see. I really don’t need many restaurants or material things to be happy; I just need to be near my family. I know that sounds cheesy but I hate being 13 hours away from my family in Iowa. Even though I live close to home I don’t get to see my family that often, which I miss since I’ve been in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment