Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Not So Distant Future

Sitting here studying for finals and thinking about summer feels distant, thinking about what my ideal future home would be like seems impossible at first. It's hard to accept that one day I'm going to leave the confinements of knowing where I will be living based off a mutual consensus of my friends and a location with a relatively short walk to campus. There will come a day not too far off in the rather hazy future where I will be forced to pick a place that I want to be my home. Not the town my parents moved my family to, not the place that is best for me to attend school for my desired major, not where my friends are, not for any reason but my own. I don't know where exactly that place will be yet but I do know a few things that will need to be there for me to feel at ease.


24/7 access to the outdoors and nature
Containing me inside is the equivalent of attempting to keep an elephant in a cage, it's not going to happen. I love nature, fresh air, and being able to wake up and run in the morning or just sit outside and read a book.


Seasons
Anticipation of what's to come next. Knowing that it won't be snowing every other day, or a heat wave for an entire year satisfies me. I like variety and change so, when it comes to the climate where I want to live, I can't think of better example to change it up then the seasons.

Music
Everyday, every mood, all the time. I have to have music. It's how I get by no matter what kind of day I'm having. I have a song for every mood on my i-pod and every one helps me get by.

People
I'm a very outgoing person who needs people to socialize with and see on a daily basis, living in a deserted area would be bad for me because I would get bored and would never be able to meet new people.

Books
Nothing else can be said but I'm always reading one and I usually prefer those of the leisure variety that you can't put down, not the textbook type that you dread picking up.

Animals
Pets, zoo animals, and wildlife. I love them all and would want to be able to access all of them!

Sports
Whether I'm playing them or watching them, I have to have them. No sport in particular as long as their is some competition I'm bound to be happy.


A Body of Water
Swimming, boating, cooling off at the beach are some of my favorite things when the weather gets warm, I can take the heat as long as I have someplace to cool off.


A Balance of City and Open Areas
I love the access to shopping, food and sites of the city, but I like to be able to relax and look at the stars in my backyard at night. Living in a suburb with access to the big city would be great for me!



I don't know exactly where I will be in the future but I know that these things will be a part of my life along with so many others and I look forward to what will happen when they are.




No comments:

Post a Comment