Monday, April 11, 2011

Ohio Bobcat Football Games



I am only a freshman and have experienced several of attractions at Ohio University. I am a football player on the football team here. I was really impressed with the amount of students that attend the games during the fall. The students here really support the athletic teams. During my senior year in high school I came to a few games during the 2009 season. I got the chance to experience the point of view from being in the stands.


It seemed as if everyone in the O zone knew each other. It was a large group of people who were very social. The football events attract different stereotypes of people. You had the group of people that were very loud and rowdy and you had the group of people who were talkative towards the people they know. Of course you had fans that were intoxicated. That’s just reality.


The great thing about going to the football games is that you can surround yourself around people just like you. You do not have to stand up and cheer. You can just go sit down and enjoy the game if you would like. If I had a high school kid trying to choose a college I would take him/her to a football game. I feel everyone could find a way to enjoy themselves at the Bobcat football game.


The staff here at Athens always seems to find a way to keep the audience involved at all times. Such things are tailgate events, pregame events, and also throughout the games. There is practically no way to become bored at any of the football games. The staff tries to keep the people involved by doing things such as giving away free items.


The last point I am going to touch on is the venders at the football games. It is really nice to be able to go and enjoy a football game with an ice cold coke and nachos. The venders have a large variety of food and drinks to choose from. It will be a moment to enjoy and make a new friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment